Request Use of City Seal and Logos
Administration Use Policy for City of Laurel Seal, Department(s) Seals or Logos and Official Branding Logos of the City of Laurel
The City of Laurel Seal, Department Seals and Logos and Official Branding Logos of the City of Laurel are emblems of the City and must be protected from unauthorized use by individuals and organizations.
Chapter 2, "Administration", Article I "In General", Section 2-3," of the Laurel City Code states that, "No person shall utilize the Seal of the City of Laurel, or the seal or logo of any City Department or Official Branding Logo of the City of Laurel that has been approved by the Mayor and City Council of Laurel, without the written approval of the Mayor in accordance with the City's Policy on the Use of City Seals and Logos.
- The Mayor shall allow use of the City of Laurel Seal, Department Seals and Logos and Official Branding Logos for the following uses:
- For all civic functions sponsored by the City and/or City Department(s).
- For civic functions sponsored by volunteer fire companies and volunteer rescue squads of the City of Laurel.
- Charitable and eleemosynary groups and organizations that are located in the City of Laurel and the use of the Seals, Department Logos, and/or Official Branding Logos is for an activity located in the City.
- The organizations or charities noted in (c) above must be exempt from Federal tax under the Internal Revenue Code as amended.
- All approvals and denials by the Mayor shall be in writing on the required application.
- Use by a currently serving Mayor or Laurel City Council member for non-political purposes.
- The following uses shall not be allowed:
- Use of any Seal, Logo, or Branding Logo on any election material of any type in any election (including a City election).
- Use for any political purpose.
- Use without the written approval of the Mayor.
- Any decision of the Mayor denying permission may be appealed to the City of Laurel Board of Appeals no later than fifteen days from the date of the letter denying such use, and completing the required Appeal application and paying all associated fees.
Failure to obtain permission prior to use of the City Seals, Department Seals, and Logos and/or Official Branding Logos may result in a cease and desist letter issued by the City Solicitor on behalf of the Mayor and City Council.
A person or entity who fails to comply with a cease and desist order or Chapter 2, "Administration", Article I "In General", Section 2-3 of the Laurel City Code may be subject to a Municipal Infraction.
To request permission to use the City Seal, Department Seals or Logos or Official Branding Logos, please complete the application and submit via email to the Office of the Mayor or mail to:
City of Laurel
Office of the Mayor
8103 Sandy Spring Road
Laurel, Maryland 20707