Leaf Vacuuming Has Started!
Mayor Moe is pleased to announce the Department of Public Works will be sending the Leaf Vacuum truck out to City streets starting today, Monday, October 16th!
The Leaf Vacuum Truck visits different parts of the City each day of the week, but it is not the same day as your One and Done day. Please check the Leaf Collection Route Map, to determine the collection day for your street. Leaves will be vacuumed on your street on the same weekday throughout the season. During the leaf vacuum season, bagged leaves will be collected from in front of your house on your scheduled day or on Wednesdays if you request to be on the Yard Debris Pickup list.
Holidays, Heavy Days and Snow:
- The City will be closed on Friday, November 10th, in observance of the Veteran's Day holiday. Leaves will be collected on Thursday, November 9th.
- The City will be closed on Thursday, November 23rd and Friday, November 24th, for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Leaves will will be collected the following week.
- On days with lots of leaves, we may get behind! We will return the next working day to collect leaves. This may have a cascading effect throughout the week. If your leaves are not collected on your designated day, please wait until the end of the following work day before calling in that they were missed! If you are concerned your leaves may get missed due to parked cars or for other reasons, you can always still put them in paper bags and request a regular Wednesday yard debris pickup!
- There will be no leaf vacuum services on days with snow.
Preparing Leaves for Leaf Vacuum
- Rake your leaves into the grass between your sidewalk and the street. If you have no median, rake them into the gutter. City crews will not vacuum leaves from private property or from alleys.
- The leaf crew cannot return until the following week if your leaves are not out on time. You should rake your leaves the day before the collection to ensure pickup.
- Please remove parked cars from the path of the leaf vacuum. Parked cars may prevent us from collecting your leaves.
- Remove all cans, bottles, sticks, toys and debris from your pile of leaves. These items can cause very expensive damage to the City’s equipment and prevent us from collecting your leaves.
For more information, please see our Leaf Collection page, email us at DPW@laurel.md.us, or call us at 301-725-0088.