Mayor Moe and the Department of Public Works is pleased to announce that the City of Laurel will be collecting live Christmas trees for recycling on Wednesdays during the month of January again in 2023! Our drivers will be looking for Christmas Trees out for collection automatically on Wednesdays through January. While you are not required to contact the City to request a tree pickup, doing so is recommended to ensure your tree is not missed. Please reach out to us by phone (301-725-0088) or by email (DPW@laurel.md.us).
To prepare your tree for pickup please do the following:
- Remove all decorations, lights, wires, tree skirts, stands and nails
- Do not use plastic snow or spray-on fake snow on your tree. Trees with fake snow cannot be collected for recycling and will require a Bulky Item pickup to be scheduled.
- Do not put the tree in a plastic tree bag. You may set the tree out on top of a plastic tarp or an old sheet or blanket. If you do use a plastic tarp or sheet it will not be collected with the tree.
- Place the tree at the curb by 7 AM Wednesday morning for pickup (we recommend putting it out Tuesday evening).
- Trees inside of plastic bags will not be accepted.