On July 1st, the Laurel 4th of July Committee has planned some extra things they want to let you know about:
- Non-Perishable Food Donations – On July 1st, the Laurel 4th of July Committee is asking you to bring a non-expired, non-perishable food item to place in a box they will have at the Lakehouse at Gude Park, 8300 Mulberry Street. All donated items will go to local food banks.
- During the singing of the National Anthem, around 7pm, you may hear some fireworks go off. We want to let you know you are not missing the fireworks. The Fireworks Committee wants to add a little extra something to the Anthem during the “Rockets’ Red Glare” portion of the song.
- Donation Buckets will be at the stage when Oracle is singing. They need your help! If everyone that attended would donate $5 or more that day, the Committee could fund the event for the next couple of years, so please plan on bringing a donation with you.
- The 4th of July Committee is also looking for volunteers! If you would like to help raise funds and be a part of the planning of this family fun event, be sure to call the Committee at 301-725-5300 ext. 2444.
- Finally, a reminder that there will be NO PARKING along portions of 6th, Montgomery and 4th Streets for the parade. Please have your vehicles moved by 5am on July 1st or it will be towed at the owner’s expense.
We look forward to seeing you on July 1st!