Be prepared for some traffic delays in Laurel on July 1, 2023.
Mayor Craig A. Moe wants to caution residents, and those who plan on traveling through Laurel, of the road closures that will be in effect for Laurel’s Independence Day Celebration.
Prior to the parade, which begins at approximately 11:00am, 6th Street, from Route 198 West Bound to Main Street, will close at 9:00am for parade contestants to begin line up.
All other roads along the route will close just before 11:00am, as the contestants begin their procession:
- The parade route begins at 6th and Montgomery Streets.
- Heads east on Montgomery Street.
- Turns south on 4th Street.
- Crosses over Routes 198 East Bound and West Bound.
- Passes the Judges’ Stand at Domer Avenue (best place for viewing).
- Disperses at Cherry Lane (Be prepared for lane closures as the parade ends).
The following will be the times and street closures for the Fireworks:
- Around 1:00pm, time could vary depending upon arrival of fireworks, East Bound Cherry Lane from Ashford Boulevard to Laurel Place will close.
- At 5:00pm, West Bound Cherry Lane from Laurel Place to Fourth Street will close. This closure is required by the State, County, and City Fire Marshals’ Offices due to potential fallout from the fireworks display at Laurel Lake.
- Westbound and Eastbound Cherry Lane will remain closed after the fireworks, until it has been policed for fallout debris.
Fireworks spectators are encouraged to arrive early and leave by alternate routes. For more information, please contact the Laurel Fourth of July Committee at 301-725-5300, extension 2444, the Department of Public Works at 301-725-0088 or the Laurel Police Department at 301-498-0092.