Laurel residents will head to the polls in November to elect a new Mayor and five City Council members.
The City needs volunteers to serve as Election Judges for Early Voting Day (November 4, 2023) and Election Day ( November 7, 2023) at both polling locations.
Election Judges must be registered voters who reside in the City of Laurel.
Here are the duties:
- Check in Judge - An Election Judge responsible for checking in voters using the E-Poll Book.
- Provisional Ballot Judge - An Election Judge responsible for working with a Chief Judge in administering the provisional voting process in the ward.
- Same Day Voter Registration Judge - An Election Judge who assists residents wishing to register to vote on an Early Voting Day or Election Day with the approval of a Chief Judge.
Hours, payment, restrictions:
- Early Voting Day Judges (November 4th) will be paid $150, and we need at least six of them. Judges are expected to report to their location no later than 8:00 am and they cannot leave until the polls close. The polls open at 9:00 am and close at 5:00 pm..
- Election Day Judges (November 7th) will be paid $200. At least 12 are needed. Judges are expected to report to their location no later than 6:00 am. The polls open at 7:00 am and close at 8:00 pm. Once election judges report to the poll location, they are prohibited from leaving the location until the polls close.
***Payment is typically sent to the Election Judges three to four weeks after the election.***
This is a great volunteer opportunity and it will help ensure that Election Day 2023 in the City of Laurel is rewarding for everyone. To volunteer or get more information, contact City Council Clerk Sara Green at SaraG@laurel.md.us or call at 301-725-5300 ext. 2121.