Join the Laurel Police Department!
We are currently hiring for both entry level and lateral Police Officers.
Salary and Benefits (Police Officer):
- Current starting salary- $50,956.93
- Overtime is available at a rate of 1.5 times the normal pay rate as well as holiday pay at 2.5 times the normal pay rate
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits
- Annual, personal, civil, bereavement, earned compensatory leave, military leave
- Retirement: 50% at 20 years increasing to 57.5% at 25years/also have a 5 year drop program that members can enter once they reach 20 years. (deferred compensation is also available)
- Take home car program once an officer completes field training (25 air miles from the City of Laurel)
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are also hiring Comunication Specialist Trainees (Dispatcher)
Our Recruitment Division is currently conducting testing for the positions of Police Officer and Communications Specialist (dispatcher). You can download an application below. For Police Officer applicants, please also download the Functional Fitness Assessment Test Waiver.