How does the Tip Line Work?
When a citizen calls 301-498-7645 (anonymous, untraced number), he or she will hear a taped message. Explain the activity in as much detail as you can. You do not have to provide your name, address, or telephone number. All information is kept strictly confidential.
- Speak clearly. Take your time leaving your message
- Be as specific as possible in providing the following information
- Location of building or house, names of nearest intersecting streets
- Description of persons involved, such as height, sex, age, weight, clothing, hair color, eye color, skin color, and any distinguishing marks, names if known
- Description of vehicles involved, make, model, color and license plate number
What if I want to speak with an officer directly?
You can leave your name and telephone number on the tape, and you will receive a call back as soon as possible. Again, your name will remain strictly confidential at all times.
What if I want to report a drug transaction that is happening right now?
If you witness a drug crime or any other crime that requires an immediate police reponse, DIAL 911 or 301-725-3000 (the direct emergency line to Laurel Police Department). A patrol unit will be dispatched. Using the direct emergency line to the Laurel Police Department can sometimes be faster because the call doesn't have to be screened by a 911 operator.
E-Mail Tip Line
You can also send "Tips" to us by E-Mail, if you prefer, instead of using the telephone (voice) tip line of the Department. Your E-mail tips will be held in the strictest confidence. E-Mail your tips to: [email protected].
Help Us Make Laurel A