FINGERPRINTING SERVICES TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
Regretfully, we will be immediately suspending fingerprinting services. We understand this can be an inconvenience but we are attempting to safeguard the health and welfare of our community, our volunteers and our dedicated staff. We will announce when fingerprinting services will resume. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
HOURS OF OPERATION
NOTE: For fingerprinting service, you must be checked-in 30 minutes prior to the below listed closing times.
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 10:00 a.m. – 12-Noon (check-in by 11:30 a.m.)
- Tuesdays: 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (check-in by 5:30 p.m.)
- Thursdays: 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (check-in by 4:00 p.m.)
REMEMBER, check-in ends promptly 30 minutes prior to the above listed closing times.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Cost: fingerprinting costs vary based on the type of fingerprinting process needed. Fees range from $20.00 to $55.00.
- Payment: acceptable forms of payment are Visa/MC credit or debit cards; cash; or, money order for exact amount.
- Identification: you must bring a valid form of government identification, such as a State Issued Driver’s License or Identification card; Passport; Military Identification; Alien Registration card; or, Certificate of Naturalization.
- Criminal Background/History Record check: the Laurel Police Department (LPD) cannot conduct a criminal background/history record check nor does it process fingerprints. The LPD is a third party provider authorized to submit electronically transmitted fingerprints to the Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) in Baltimore for processing. The CJIS agency also conducts the background/criminal history record checks when requested.
- LIVESCAN (electronic) fingerprinting service: if you are requesting a background check for employment or licensing purposes, you must have an Agency name and Authorization number. If sending a criminal background check to a government agency, you will need both an Authorization number and an ORI code.
- Fingerprint Cards: please bring your own official fingerprint card(s). If you need fingerprint cards, the LPD can provide them. There is a maximum of four (4) computer generated ink cards issued per customer at a set fee (let us know at time of payment how many cards are needed). Our printer can only print on card style # FD-258 Please note: LPD cannot accept nor print on paper or computer generated printouts of any kind.
- Required Codes: you must provide your agency’s 10-digit Authorization Number and/or 9-digit Originating Agency Identifier (ORI) Code when required. Fingerprinting cards DO NOT REQUIRE codes or numbers.
- Appointments: No appointment necessary nor offered for fingerprinting service.
- How Long It Takes: It takes approximately 15-20 minutes (or more in some cases) for a certified fingerprint operator to process each applicant, and established on the quality of an individual’s fingerprints.
- Fingerprint Preparation: Hands should be clean and free of bandages and broken skin. If you have an injury that prevents you from extending your fingers or rotating your wrist, please wait until it has healed before having your fingerprints taken. Please do not apply any moisturizer or lotion to your hands before having your fingerprints taken.
SPECIAL NOTE: Do not bring children. Children are not allowed in the fingerprint room and it is prohibited for children under age 13 to wait in the lobby area alone.