PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY'S RAIN CHECK REBATE PROGRAM
If you are a property owner, you can receive rebates for installing "Rain Check" approved stormwater management practices from Prince George's County!
The City of Laurel is committed to working with Prince George's County to improve the quality of life for its communities by promoting green solutions to stormwater runoff. Stormwater runoff occurs when rain (or snowmelt) flows over the land picking up pollutants such as oil, grease, sediment, and nutrients which make their way into local streams and rivers.
Homeowners, businesses, and non-profit entities (including housing cooperatives and churches) can recoup some of the costs of installing practices covered by the program.
Rebate eligible practices include:
- Green roofs
- Pavement removal
- Permeable pavement
- Rain barrels
- Rain gardens
- Urban tree canopies
If your property is located within a Homeowners Association (HOA), you must submit documentation of approval by the HOA with application.
Every practice must meet criteria established by the Prince George's County Department of the Environment (DoE). All practices except rain barrels require pre-approval to qualify for the rebate.
Rain barrel rebate applications do not require pre-installation inspections.
A successful rebate applicant will use the website to follow these steps:
1. Assess their property and select the appropriate practice from the list of eligible practices.
2. Review the County’s practice guidelines.
3. Submit a project application to DoE. Upon approval, the County will send an agreement form and assign a County project coordinator.
4. If applicable, work with a project coordinator to schedule a pre-installation site visit.
5. Complete the project according to DoE standards within 12 months.
6. If applicable, schedule a post-installation site visit.
7. Submit receipts and rebate request to DoE.
8. Receive rebate check.
More information about the Rain Check Rebate Program, including detailed information on rebate amounts, can be found on the program website at https://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/310/Rain-Check-Program.