Permits are obtained by submitting an electronic application on the Permit Portal https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home
The following steps must be followed when using the Permit Portal:
1. Create a New Account (click on the Login or Register button) or if you already have an account (sign In through this button).
2. After you sign on, click on the Permit button.
3. Find the permit that you are looking for and click on the Apply blue button to start the process.
4. Fill in all information leaving no blanks.
call us (301)725-5300, Ext 2238 or 2254.
Or, Email us: [email protected]
In addition to the online process the following information must be submitted.
- Electrical Schematic and Plans reflecting solar panel layout
- Specification of all equipment to be installed.
- Structural Engineers report and letter stating roof can support Solar System.
Best efforts are made to review completed residential solar permit applications within 3 days.