Permits are obtained by submitting an electronic application on the Permit Portal https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home
The following steps must be followed when using the Permit Portal:
- Create a New Account (click on the Login or Register button) or if you already have an account (sign In through this button). Please note: For new account registration: After account is approved, an email from [email protected] will be sent with further instructions.
- After you sign on, click on the Permit button.
- Find the permit that you are looking for and click on the Apply blue button to start the process.
- Fill in all information leaving no blanks.
Grading Permit Application – A grading permit (separate from the building permit) application shall be submitted via the online permit portal.
Required with permit application submittal:
- A “Green Stamp” Sediment and Erosion Control Plan approved by the Prince George’s County Soil Conservation District shall be uploaded as a single PDF file. Note: One (1) wet stamped original “Green Stamp” Plan shall be provided to the Department of the Fire Marshal and Permit Services prior to the issuance of a Grading permit.
- A cost estimate on letterhead, signed and sealed by an Engineer licensed in the State of Maryland shall be uploaded as a PDF file. Note: A bond will be required and all bond information will be provided by the Department of Economic and Community Development.