Garage Permit Application
Permits are obtained by submitting an electronic application on the Permit Portal https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home
The following steps must be followed when using the Permit Portal:
- Create a New Account (click on the Login or Register button) or if you already have an account (sign In through this button).
- After you sign on, click on the Permit button.
- Find the permit that you are looking for and click on the Apply blue button to start the process.
- Fill in all information leaving no blanks.
$125.00 as of July 1, 2021.
- Residential Garage Permit Application
- Site Plan
- Detailed Framing Plan
Note: All documents shall be uploaded in PDF format to the online permit portal.
Site plan must show the proposed garage location on the lot including dimensions and distance from the main house and property line setbacks. Framing plans are only required if the garage is stick built/constructed onsite. See Section 20-6.23 of the City Land Development Code for lot coverage and setbacks.