The Fire and Life Safety Review Application shall be completed for the following types of work:
- Installation of a new or alteration of an existing fire sprinkler system (for 10 sprinkler heads or less- only application is required)
- Standpipe systems
- Hood suppression systems
- Other extinguishing systems (including paint booths)
- Fire pump installation and modification
- Fire alarm system installation and modification
- Fire and Life Safety Plan reviews for all commercial new and existing alteration building plans
- Fire and Life Safety Plan reviews for all residential sprinkler system modifications that involve more than ten (10) sprinkler heads and for the replacement of an existing sprinkler system in a residential home
Please note: For modifications to existing sprinkler systems involving ten (10) heads or less, an application form and permit fee shall be submitted. A final inspection is required.
Permits are obtained by submitting an electronic application on the Permit Portal https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home
The following steps must be followed when using the Permit Portal:
1. Create a New Account (click on the Login or Register button) or if you already have an account (sign In through this button). Please note for new account registration: After account is approved, an email from [email protected] will be sent with further instructions.
2. After you sign on, click on the Permit button.
3. Find the permit that you are looking for and click on the Apply blue button to start the process.
4. Fill in all information leaving no blanks.
5. Upload plans as a single PDF.
After the application is received, a staff member from the Department of the Fire Marshal and Permit Services will review the application and confirm the required filing fees. An invoice for the filing fees will be emailed to the applicant. Invoices can be paid online via the online portal: https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home