Permits are obtained by submitting an electronic application on the Permit Portal https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home
The following steps must be followed when using the Permit Portal:
- Create a New Account (click on the Login or Register button) or if you already have an account (sign In through this button). Please note for new account registration: After account is approved, an email from [email protected] will be sent with furter instructions.
- After you sign on, click on the Permit button.
- Find the permit that you are looking for and click on the Apply blue button to start the process.
- Fill in all information leaving no blanks.
Permit fee is $250.00 and can be paid on the Permit Portal (see URL Link above).
Documents Needed to be Submitted With Application:
1. Demo Permit Application
2. Utility Cut-off Letters (see below)
3. Demolition Plan
Information: All demolition permit applications MUST be accompanied by cut-off letters from all major utilities. These include, but are not limited to, the following: BGE (Baltimore Gas and Electric), WSSC (Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission), Cable Services - telephone and/or television and/or computer. If applicant is not the property owner, an owner permission letter shall be provided. All documentation shall be uploaded via the online permit portal in PDF format.