LET'S GET STARTED:
Virtual Field Trips:
Yosemite National Park - https://www.virtualyosemite.org/virtual-tour/#node27
- Explore the park like never before!
Trip to the Sun - https://amazingsciencefacts.com/virtual-tour-to-the-sun/
- Take a virtual tour from the Earth to the Sun with stops at our moon, Venus, and Mercury. Bring something cold to drink it’s going to get pretty hot where we’re going.
Visit the Rainforest - https://msu.edu/user/urquhart/rainforest/
- Learn all about the Rainforest with topics on its ecosystem from plants to reptiles to insects and more!
NASA Glenn Reserach Center - https://www.nasa.gov/glennvirtualtours
- Get an inside look at NASA Glenn Research Center’s facilities. Select a tour and tap the icons to view videos, images and see testing in action.
Mount Vernon - https://virtualtour.mountvernon.org/
- Take a tour of the home of America's frist President, George Washington!
Access Mars - https://accessmars.withgoogle.com/
- The real surface of Mars as recorded by NASA's Curisoity Rover!
International Space Station - https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/main/suni_iss_tour.html
- Take video tours of the INternational Space Station from the Astronauts themselves!
The Great Wall of China - https://www.thechinaguide.com/destination/great-wall-of-china
- Commonly considered a wonder of the world, the Great Wall boasts a history of over 2,000 years and stretches more than 3,000 miles across several provinces of northern China.
Explore Animals (LIve Cameras) - https://explore.org/livecams
- Partnered with the Institute for Wildlife Studies, they aim to gather the research and data needed to save and protect animal populations and maintain the world's biodiversity. WIth so many live cameras to choose from, you'll be entertained for hours!
- More than 12 million immigrants made their first stop in America at the Ellis Island Immigration Station between 1892 and 1954. Follow in the immigrants' footsteps by taking this tour!
Buckingham Palace - https://www.royal.uk/virtual-tours-buckingham-palace
- Explore this magnificent building via virtual tours. The first tour will take you to the Grand Staircase. Click on the small images to access further tours of the White Drawing Room, the Throne Room and the Blue Drawing Room!
Boeing/DIscovery Education Virtual FIeld Trip on Capsule - https://www.boeingfutureu.com/virtual-field-trips/space
- Join Boeing and Discovery Education on a mission to inspire the world through aerospace innovation with an exclusive virtual field trip to historic Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.
Activities for Kids
E.H. Strickland Entomological Museum - http://www.entomology.ualberta.ca/
- Learn about bugs and insects!
- Lessons cover how dirt works, the role of pollinators, how nature filters water, and more! Each lesson plan comes with a free teacher's guide and video.
National Weather Service - https://www.weather.gov/owlie/
- Learn science and safety with Owlie Skywarn
Skype in the Classroom - https://education.skype.com/p/may-13-10am-pt-giant-sequoia-virtual-forest-adventure
- Join Jenny from Calaveras Big Trees State Park in the Sierra Nevada mountains on 5/13 for a wild adventure as we explore the habitat & lifecycle of the Giant Sequoia! Uncover why these ancient trees are so strong!
Georgia Aquarium - https://www.georgiaaquarium.org/webcam/ocean-voyager/
- Jump in on a wide variety of experiences and events that will make your trip to Georgia Aquarium even more memorable.
Monterey Bay Aquarium - https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams
- Be delighted by the antics of the sea otters or mellow out to the hypnotic drifting of the jellies. With ten live cams to choose from, you can experience the wonder of the ocean no matter where you are!
New England Aquairum - https://www.neaq.org/visit/at-home-events-and-activities/
- Join them for live presentations, new videos, and activities to try from home. Their daily presentations are posted on Facebook every day at 11 am. For even more updates and stories, follow along on Twitter and Instagram, as well!
Prince George's County Memorial Library System - https://www.pgcmls.info/virtual-events
- Check out their daily virtual events for opportunities to listen, learn, and share together. Please note that while many of these programs are hosted by PGCMLS, others are outside events.
The Houston Zoo - https://www.houstonzoo.org/explore/webcams/ (Animals May Not Always Be In View)
- Tune in to the Houston Zoo Webcams and enjoy a live look at animals that call the Houston Zoo home!
San Diego Zoo - https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/
- This interactive site brings you information on animals, has videos, stories, activities and games! Have fun while learning!
British Museum - https://www.britishmuseum.org/collection/galleries
- There are more than 60 free galleries at the British Museum ready to be explored!
Louvre Museum - https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
- Visit the museum's exhibition rooms and galleries, contemplate the façades of the Louvre. Come along on a virtual tour and enjoy the view!
Metropolitan Museum of Art - https://www.metmuseum.org/art/online-features/metkids/
- Made for, with, and by kids!
National Museum of Natural History - https://naturalhistory.si.edu/visit/virtual-tour
- These tours allow visitors to take self-guided, room-by-room tours of select exhibits and areas within the museum from their desktop or mobile device.
United States Air Force National Museum - http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/
- Take a virtual tour of this museum. Get right on the landingstrip and up close to planes!