The City of Laurel is now offering many services remotely.
Anyone wishing to apply for a zoning verification request with the City of Laurel should create an online account. Please visit our ePermits page for more information and to access the RAP permits Eportal to create your account. https://www.cityoflaurel.org/permits/permits/epermits
All fees are due at the time of submission. Fees are non-refundable, regardless of the outcome of a case. Every application must be accompanied by the appropriate plans, rendering, statements and other documents.
A zoning verification letter is an official record from the City that provides a comprehensive overview of a property’s zoning history. Upon request, the Department will compile a list of records and data pertaining to the specified property and verify it as accurate and complete to the best of its ability. Below is a list of items typically delivered in a zoning verification letter from the City:
- Property zoning data (applicable uses in the zone will be provided)
- Past or present building/fire code violations
- Past or present zoning code violations
- Record of past approved site plans, variances, conditional use permits and resolutions (availability of hard copies may vary)
- Record of certificates of occupancy (availability of hard copies may vary)
- Abutting property zoning
In order to request a zoning verification letter for a specific property located within the City, a written request and the required fee must be submitted to the Department.
Zoning verification letters are typically processed and complete within ten (10) business days.
To request a hard copy letter:
City of Laurel
Department of Economic and Community Development
8103 Sandy Spring Road
Laurel, MD 20707