A zoning verification letter is an official record from the City that provides a comprehensive overview of a property’s zoning history. Upon request, the Department will compile a list of records and data pertaining to the specified property and verify it as accurate and complete to the best of its ability. Below is a list of items typically delivered in a zoning verification letter from the City:
- Property zoning data (applicable uses in the zone will be provided)
- Past or present building/fire code violations
- Past or present zoning code violations
- Record of past approved site plans, variances, conditional use permits and resolutions (availability of hard copies may vary)
- Record of certificates of occupancy (availability of hard copies may vary)
- Abutting property zoning
In order to request a zoning verification letter for a specific property located within the City, a written request and the required fee must be submitted to the Department.
Zoning verification letters are typically processed and complete within ten (10) business days.
To request a letter:
City of Laurel
Department of Economic and Community Development
8103 Sandy Spring Road
Laurel, MD 20707