Mayor Moe and the Department of Public Works is pleased to announce that the City of Laurel will be collecting live Christmas trees for an extra week! We will have a collection next week on Wednesday the 25th and also a collection on Wednesday the 1st of February. While you are not required to contact the City to request a tree pickup, doing so is strongly encouraged to ensure your tree is not missed. Please reach out to us by phone (301-725-0088) or by email ([email protected]) to add your address to our Christmas tree collection list!
To prepare your tree for pickup please do the following:
- Remove all decorations, lights, wires, tree skirts, stands and nails
- Do not use plastic snow or spray-on fake snow on your tree. Trees with fake snow cannot be collected for recycling and will require a Bulky Item pickup to be scheduled.
- Do not put the tree in a plastic tree bag. You may set the tree out on top of a plastic tarp or an old sheet or blanket. If you do use a plastic tarp or sheet it will not be collected with the tree.
- Place the tree at the curb by 7 AM Wednesday morning for pickup (we recommend putting it out Tuesday evening).
- Trees inside of plastic bags will not be accepted.