Plastic Nursery Pot Recycling
Every Year over 27 million tons of plastic go to our nation's landfills. You can help reduce that amount by recycling your plastic nursery pots. When recycling your plastic nursery pots please do the following:
- Check if your flower pots are recyclable. When in doubt, throw it out! The City of Laurel can take plastic pots bearing the recycle symbol and the numbers 2 or 5.
- Knock out all of the loose dirt.
- Remove any metal from wire hanging baskets.
- Nest the pots or trays together.
- Put your pots into your recycling container or stack them next to your recycling container.
- Call or email the Department of Public Works with any questions! You can reach us at 301-725-0088 or [email protected] between 8 am and 4 pm, Monday-Friday.