Mayor Moe is pleased to announce that the City of Laurel will be collecting live Christmas trees for recycling on Wednesdays during the month of January again this year! While you are not required to contact the city to request a tree pickup, doing so is recommended to ensure your tree is not missed. Please reach out to us by phone (301-725-0088) or by email ([email protected]).
To prepare your tree for pickup please do the following:
- Remove all decorations, lights, wires, tree skirts, stands and nails
- Do not use plastic snow or spray-on fake snow on your tree. Trees with fake snow cannot be collected for recycling and will require a Bulky Item pickup to be scheduled.
- Avoid using plastic tree bags. Re-use an old sheet or blanket instead. If you do use a plastic tree bag or plastic tarp it will not be collected with the tree.
- Place tree at the curb by 7 AM Wednesday morning for pickup.
- Trees inside of plastic bags will not be accepted