The Department of Communications manages the official City of Laurel Social Media outlets and manages policy and procedure for the Departmental Social Media outlets.
For more information, send an email to [email protected]. and a member of our Department
will get in touch with you. You can also call 301-725-5300.
The City uses numerous Social Media platforms to disseminate information to the public.
To stay up to date on what's happening in the City of Laurel, please be sure to Like and Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Periscope at the following designations in each City Department:
The Department of Communications distributes updates and engages citizens via the official Twitter account and Facebook page. Additionally, the Public Information Officer's Twitter account contains up to the minute updates and alerts:
- Official City Twitter page: @cityoflaurel
- Official City Facebook page: City of Laurel - Government
- Official City Instagram page: cityoflaurelmd
- Official City Periscope page: City of Laurel, MD
- Public Information Officer's Twitter page: @laurelpio
- Laurel TV Official YouTube page: Laurel TV - YouTube
Office of Emergency Management
The Emergency Operations Management Facebook and Twitter is used to distribute emergency alerts and preparedness information:
- Official Laurel City OEM Facebook page: Laurel Emergency Operations
- Official Laurel City OEM Twitter: @LaurelCityOEM
- Official Laurel City OEM Instagram page: Laurel City OEM
The Mayor regularly distributes City-related information and engages citizens via his Twitter:
- Mayor's Twitter: @laurelmayor
The City Council Twitter accounts are used to distribute information related to elections, political issues, council meetings, and other events occurring in their respective Ward:
- Clerk to the City Council Twitter: @laurelclerk
The Laurel Police Department regularly distributes crime reports, critical alerts, and general information via both Twitter and Facebook, and encourage citizen engagement on posts:
- Laurel Police Twitter: @laurelpd
- Laurel Police Facebook: Laurel Police Department
Parks and Recreation
The Department of Parks and Recreation distributes information about events, programs, and cancellations via their Twitter account and Facebook page:
- Parks and Recreation Twitter: @laurelparksrec
- Parks and Recreation Facebook: Laurel Parks & Recreation
Economic and Community Development
The Department of Economic and Community Development’s Facebook page advertises upcoming City and County economic development events, as well as commercial properties available for rent or sale.
Citizens and interested parties can also receive the department’s monthly business newsletter “Laurel ECD News” by signing up here.
- Economic and Community Development Facebook: City of Laurel Department of Economic and Community Development
We thank each and everyone of you that follow us on Social Media!
In order to get the word out to more residents, please be sure to invite and share our Social Media information and help us get the word out about what's happening in and around the City of Laurel!