Public Service Announcement
Media and Information Tape Line available to
Laurel Residents – 240-294-1307
Guide for Reporting Malfunctioning Streetlights
The City of Laurel has received several inquiries about how to report the discoloration and malfunction of the newly installed LED Streetlights. These lights are installed and replaced by BGE. To better assist with navigating the BGE reporting process we are providing the following steps:
Use the BGE’s website to report a streetlight issue, including lights that are out, flickering, day burning or damaged, at https://bge.streetlightoutages.com/public/default.html
- Use the map to locate the streetlight you want to report. You can find a location by entering an address (street, city and state or zip code) in the search box in the link above.
- Select the light you want to report, each light bulb icon represents a light. To report an issue, click or tap the icon on the map.
- After clicking or tapping the icon, it will provide you a pole number. Click or tap REPORT THIS LIGHT and it will take you to a report form.
- Complete the report form. Please include your contact information so that BGE can follow up with you about your report.
- You can choose to receive an email or text update from BGE with a Work Order number regarding you reporting.
Questions call BGE Customer Service at 1-800-685-0123 or Public Works at 301-725-0088.