Be prepared for some traffic delays in Laurel on July 2, 2022.
Mayor Craig A. Moe wants to caution residents, and those who plan on traveling through Laurel, of the road closures that will be in effect for Laurel’s Independence Day Celebration.
Prior to the parade, which begins at approximately 2:00pm this year, 6th Street, from Route 198 West Bound to Main Street, will close at 12:00pm for parade contestants to begin line up.
All other roads along the route will close just before 1:30pm in preparation for the parade:
- The parade route begins at 6th and Montgomery Streets.
- Heads east on Montgomery Street.
- Turns south on 4th Street.
- Crosses over Routes 198 East Bound and West Bound.
- Passes the Judges’ Stand at Domer Avenue (best place for viewing).
- Disperses to the right onto Cherry Lane.
The following will be the times and street closures for the Fireworks:
- At 10:00am, East Bound Cherry Lane from Ashford Boulevard to Laurel Place will close for the arrival of the fireworks and will remain closed for the rest of the day.
- At 2:30pm, West Bound Cherry Lane from Laurel Place to Ashford Boulevard will close. This closure is required by the State, County, and City Fire Marshal’s Offices due to potential fallout from the fireworks display at Laurel Lake.
- West bound and East bound Cherry Lane will remain closed after the fireworks, until it has been policed for fallout debris.
Fireworks spectators are encouraged to arrive early and leave by alternate routes. For more information, please contact the Laurel Fourth of July Committee at 301-725-5300, extension 2444, the Department of Public Works at 301-725-0088 or the Laurel Police Department at 301-498-0092.