The Laurel 4th of July Committee is almost done planning their 43rd Independence Day Celebration, being held on July 2, 2022. Here’s a handy schedule of the events for the day.
Please note that due to manpower and safety concerns, the parade times have been moved to early afternoon:
- 12:00pm - Antique & Classic cars line up in parking lot behind McCullough Field 12:30pm
- - Parade Lineup @ 6th Street and Montgomery Street
- 2:00pm - Parade Begins, Judging Stand on Domer Avenue
- - Car Show Registration at Mulberry Street between Lowes and Holiday Inn Express
- 2:00pm - Car Show Begins
- 5:00pm - Car Show Ends
- 5:15pm - Music by Oracle
- 7:00pm - Grand Opening, Flag Raising, Pledge and National Anthem & Invocation
- 9:00pm - Test Fireworks and Message from Mayor Craig A. Moe and Laurel City Council
- 9:15pm - Fireworks from the Lake
Mayor Craig A. Moe and the Laurel 4th of July Committee are reminding visitors that there will be NO Backpacks/Bookbags, NO Coolers, NO Alcohol and NO Fireworks allowed. Also, for the safety of your pets, there will be NO Pets allowed at the celebration, so please leave them at home.
In light of limited parking areas, it is recommended that you carpool with family/friends and allow enough time to locate available parking. When parking, please be considerate of the surrounding neighborhoods/businesses and their homeowners/patrons. Please be patient the day of the event since there will be large crowds.
Weather is always a factor the day of the event, so please follow our Social Media sites – Laurel City OEM on Facebook and @LaurelCityOEM on Twitter - and we will post any updates to the schedule of events as they become available.
Thank you and have a safe and happy Independence Day!