The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says outdoor activities are safer than being inside so by all means, head out to trick or treat tonight in Laurel from 6 pm to 8 pm.
Here are some safety tips to consider:
- Avoid large crowds. If you can, stay with your family group.
- Wear a face mask.
- Light up costumes with reflective tape.
- Carry glow sticks or flashlights.
- Stay on the sidewalk.
- Remind kids to look both ways before crossing the street.
- Encourage kids to eat candy at home. Just in case, bring hand sanitizer that kids can use before eating treats.
- Adults handing out candy should wear a mask before opening doors.
- If you’re extra cautious: set up bowls of candy away from the front door.