In November 2020, the Mayor and City Council passed Ordinance No. 1963 to change the name of the Columbus Day holiday to Indigenous Peoples’ Day.
Mayor Craig A. Moe is pleased to announce that this first renamed holiday will occur on Monday, October 11, 2021, closing City and Passport Offices in observance of Indigenous Peoples’ Day!
The adjusted trash and recycling collection schedule for the week of October 10th will be as follows:
- Monday’s Trash and Recycling will be on Tuesday, October 12, 2021 (residential and commercial).
- Tuesday’s Trash and Recycling will be on Wednesday, October 13, 2021 (residential only).
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday’s Trash, Recycling and Composting collections will be unchanged.
- There will be no Bulky Item or Yard Debris Pickups the week of Indigenous Peoples’ Day.
- The next Residential Special Pickup after Indigenous Peoples’ Day will be on Wednesday, October 20, 2021.
You can schedule a Residential Special Pickup and Yard Debris Pickup by e-mailing the Department of Public Works at [email protected], using the MyLaurel App or calling 301-725-0088.
Thank you for your cooperation and we wish you a safe and happy Indigenous Peoples’ Day!