The Laurel 4th of July Committee is almost done planning their 42nd Independence Day Celebration, being held on July 3, 2021, and here’s a handy schedule of the events for the day:
- 9:30am - Parade Lineup @ 6th and Montgomery Streets
- - Antique & Classic cars line up in parking lot behind McCullough Field
- 11:00am - Parade Begins, Judging Stand on Domer Ave.
- - Car Show Registration at Mulberry Street between Lowes and
- Holiday Inn Express
- 12:00pm - Car Show Begins
- 3:00pm - Car Show Ends
- 3:15pm - Grand Opening, Flag Raising, Pledge and National Anthem;
- - Invocation by City of Laurel Council President Valerie Nicholas
- 7:30pm - Can start saving space for viewing fireworks at Granville Gude Park
- 9:00pm - Message from Mayor Craig A. Moe
- 9:15pm - Fireworks from the Lake
Visitors are also reminded that there will be NO Backpacks/Bookbags, NO Coolers, NO Alcohol and NO Fireworks allowed. Also, for the safety of your pets, there will be NO Pets allowed at the celebration, so please leave them at home.
Be aware that if you arrive earlier than 7:30pm at Granville Gude Park and leave items unattended, they will be picked up and taken to the Lakehouse. You will have to go there to retrieve them.
Mayor Craig A. Moe recommends that you carpool with family and friends and allow enough time to locate available parking.
You are also encouraged to be patient the day of the event since there will be large crowds and to be considerate of the businesses that are open as you look for parking for the event on July 3, 2021.
The forecast is calling for on and off rain on Saturday, July 3rd, so please follow our Social Media sites – City of Laurel – Government on Facebook and @LaurelCityOEM or @LaurelPIO on Twitter - and we will post any updates to the schedule of events as they become available.
Thank you and have a safe and happy Independence Day!