CITY OF LAUREL
JOB POSTING NOTICE
Here is a link to the application. application.pdf (cityoflaurel.org)
Job description below.
Job Title: Production Assistant (Auxiliary) Date: May 3, 2021
Department: Communications Grade: 512-1
Base Salary/Wage: $19.14 hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Eligible for overtime)
Work Schedule: Less than 20 hrs./wk. Typically 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday–Friday with occasional modifications
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for reporting, shooting, and editing news stories and covering community events for Laurel TV. This position is responsible for performing a variety of technical duties for Laurel TV. This position will work under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director but may also perform duties under the general supervision of the Director. Routine work will include researching, reporting, writing, shooting and editing videotape, both in the studio and in the field. Some assignments may be done independently, or occasionally with a photographer or producer.
College senior with internship experience in TV news or production. At least two years of broadcast reporting, writing and videography classes. Must be working towards a bachelor’s degree in communications, media relations, television production, broadcast journalism or a related journalism field. Must possess a valid Real ID Maryland Class C Driver’s license, or a comparable license issued by the employee’s state of residence, and a proven safe driving record. Must have the ability to operate a computer and be able to do digital editing on Adobe Premier or a comparable digital editing software. Must submit a resume tape and perform a real-time news shoot as an audition. EOE
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A CRIMINAL RECORD BACKGROUND CHECK.
CLOSING DATE: May 31,2021 or until filled
JOB POSTING ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR IN-HOUSE APPLICANTS:
- You must meet the qualifications listed above.
- You must meet the established criteria pertaining to promotion or transfer.
- Your most recent evaluation must reflect your job performance as Satisfactory or better.
JOB POSTING APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR IN-HOUSE APPLICANTS:
- Complete a memorandum requesting consideration for the announced vacancy and send it along with a copy of your resume to Personnel with a copy to your Department Head by the closing date above.
- You will be contacted within 5 working days after the closing date of this notice.