Mayor Craig A. Moe has announced that City and Passport Offices will be closed on Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27, 2020, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Due to the pandemic, Mayor Moe is reminding everyone that traditional Thanksgiving gatherings with family and friends can increase the chances of getting or spreading the coronavirus. The CDC is recommending that Thanksgiving gatherings this year be limited to the people in your immediate household.
The Department of Public Works is making the following adjustments to the trash and recycling collections for the week of November 22, 2020, so be sure to mark your calendars:
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday Residential and Commercial Trash, Recycling and Composting pickups are unchanged.
- Thursday and Friday Residential Trash pickups are CANCELLED. Regular residential trash pickups will resume on Monday, November 30, 2020.
- Thursday and Friday Residential Recycling pickups will be on Wednesday, November 25, 2020.
- Thursday and Friday Commercial Trash and Recycling pickups will be on Wednesday, November 25, 2020.
- Residential Special Pickup and Yard Debris collection will be CANCELLED the week of Thanksgiving and will resume the following week on Wednesday, December 2, 2020.
- Leaf Collections will be CANCELLED for Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27.
You can schedule a Residential Special Pickup and Yard Debris Pickup by either e-mailing Public Works at [email protected], submitting your request through the MyLaurel App or calling the Department of Public Works at 301-725-0088.
Thank you for your cooperation. We wish you a safe and happy Thanksgiving.