Mayor Craig A. Moe has announced that City and Passport Offices will be closed on Monday, October 12, 2020 in observance of Columbus Day.
Due to the holiday, the trash and recycling schedule will shift for the week:
- Monday, October 12th - Trash and Recycling pickup will be on Tuesday, October 13th (residential and commercial).
- Tuesday, October 13th - Trash and Recycling pickup will be on Wednesday, October 14th (residential only).
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday Trash, Recycling and Composting pickups are unchanged.
- There will be no Special Pickups or Yard Debris Pickups the week of October 12, 2020.
- Public Works next scheduled Residential Special Pickup and Yard Debris collection will be on Wednesday, October 21, 2020.
You can schedule a Residential Special Pickup and Yard Debris Pickup by calling the Department of Public Works at 301-725-0088, using the MyLaurel App or e-mailing them at [email protected].
Mayor Moe and the Laurel City Council have also announced that due to the holiday closure, the Mayor and City Council Regular (Virtual) Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, October 14, 2020, at 6:00pm. Agenda items and Zoom platform meeting information can be found on the City’s web site at CityofLaurel.org. For information, please contact Kimberley A. Rau, Clerk to the City Council, at 301-725-5300, extension 2121 or [email protected].
Thank you for your cooperation and please have a safe and happy holiday.