Mayor Craig A. Moe presented the following proclamations at tonight's Virtual Mayor and City Council Meeting, which will be recognized in October:
1. Arts and Humanities Month - that the arts enhance and enrich the lives of families and communities
2. Breast Cancer Awareness - to honor those who have lost their lives to breast cancer and recognize those valiantly fighting it and the courageous survivors
3. Domestic Violence Awareness - to call attention to the importance of working together to assure a life free of harm for all residents of Laurel
4. Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness - to bring public awareness to those suffering from the loss of a child and learn how to respond with compassion towards families affected by this loss
5. Community Media Day - October 20, 2020 - to celebrate the voices that bring awareness to the importance of free speech and accessible media for all individuals
Let's celebrate, honor and recognize all who fight for the above every day!