Mayor Craig A. Moe wants to inform the elderly and those vulnerable to COVID-19, that after yesterday's information about Aldi's opening early for seniors, our Senior Services Manager Gena Wade searched and found these other stores with special morning hours for Seniors. Take note:
- Target: Stores are reserving their first hour open every Wednesday for the most vulnerable.
- Trader Joe's: Seniors will have a separate line to get into the store for expedited entry from 9 to 10am.
- Walgreens: Stores will open from 8 to 9am on Tuesdays for seniors and their caregivers and family members. Those 55 and up will get the senior day discount on Tuesdays, which is 20 percent off regular-price national brands and 30 percent off regular-price Walgreens brands.
- Dollar General: The first hour the store is open will be designated for senior shoppers. Hours vary by location.
- Giant: Those over 60, and with compromised immune systems, can shop from 6 to 7am daily. There will be no policing this policy
- Walmart: Special senior shopping hours for those 60 and older will be offered from 6 to 7am on Tuesdays from until April 28. Pharmacies and vision centers will be open.