Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Baptist Minister and Social Activist who fought hard for the equal rights of African Americans, as well as those economically disadvantaged and all victims of injustice through peaceful protests.
To honor Dr. King, Mayor Craig A. Moe announces that City and Passport Offices will be closed on January 20, 2020, in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
That means refuse and recycling will be adjusted for that week as follows:
- Monday trash and recycling collections will be on Tuesday, January 21, 2020 (residential and commercial).
- Tuesday trash and recycling will be collected on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 (residential only).
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday trash and recycling pickups are unchanged.
- Wednesday Christmas Tree and composting collections are unchanged.
- There will be no yard debris or bulky item pickups that week.
The next Residential Special Pickup and Yard Debris collection is set for Wednesday, January 29, 2020. You can schedule a pickup by calling Public Works at 301-725-0088, e-mailing [email protected] or using the MyLaurel App. This will also be the last day for Christmas Tree Collections, so if you haven’t put your live trees to the curb yet, make sure they are out by January 29th.
For more information about refuse and recycling, visit the City’s website at cityoflaurel.org. Wishing you a safe holiday!