Mayor Craig A. Moe wants to caution residents, and those who plan on traveling through Laurel on July 6, 2019, of the road closures that will be in effect for Laurel’s Independence Day Celebration.
Prior to the parade, which begins at approximately 11:00am, 6th Street, from Route 198 West Bound to Main Street, will close at 9:00am for parade contestants to begin line up.
All other roads along the route will close just before 11:00am, as the contestants begin their procession through the parade route:
- The parade route begins at 6th and Montgomery Streets.
- Heads east on Montgomery Street.
- Turns south on 4th Street.
- Crosses over Routes 198 East Bound and West Bound.
- Passes the Judges’ Stand at Domer Court (best place for viewing).
- Disperses at Cherry Lane.
The following will be the times and street closures for the Fireworks:
- At 1:00pm, East Bound Cherry Lane from Ashford Boulevard to Laurel Place will close for the arrival of the fireworks.
- At 5:00pm, West Bound Cherry Lane from Laurel Place to Fourth Street will close. This closure is required by the State, County, and City Fire Marshals Offices due to potential fallout from the fireworks display at Laurel Lake.
- At approximately 6:00pm, South Bound Laurel Place will close and vehicles will ONLY be allowed to turn onto East Bound Cherry Lane from North Bound Laurel Place.
- No vehicular or pedestrian traffic will be allowed into the area until after the fireworks display is over and the area is policed for fallout debris, which will be approximately 11:00pm.
Fireworks spectators are encouraged to arrive early and leave by alternate routes. For more information, please contact the Laurel Fourth of July Committee at 301-725-5300, extension 2444, the Department of Public Works at 301-725-0088 or the Laurel Police Department at 301-498-0092.