Mayor Craig A. Moe has announced he is accepting citizens’ resumes for appointment to the new Education Advisory Committee.
To strengthen the relationship between the City of Laurel, Prince George’s County Board of Education, local schools and students, Resolution No. 5-18, passed by the Laurel City Council on September 24, 2018, established the Education Advisory Committee to develop and recommend programs, projects and other initiatives impacting the educational development of the City’s citizens and students.
The Committee shall consist of eleven members:
- Five shall be City residents
- Two shall be members of PTAs in the greater Laurel area
- Two shall be from the general public
- One shall be a City Council member, and
- One shall be from the greater Laurel area business community.
Resumes may be sent to Ms. Sara Green, Chief of Staff, 8103 Sandy Spring Road, Laurel, MD 20707, or email them to [email protected]. Please contact Ms. Green for further information or if you have any questions regarding the Committee.