Fox 5's Zip Trip will broadcast LIVE from the Towne Centre at Laurel tomorrow, June 1, 2018, from 6:00 – 11:00am and Mayor Craig A. Moe is asking you to come and show your Laurel pride!
The main stage will be located at the Towne Centre at Laurel from the traffic circle to the front of Regal Cinemas. There will be a giant street party going on with booths highlighting local non-profits and businesses.
Here is the updated rundown for the morning’s event:
• 6:05 am Weather hit LIVE at Main Stage at Towne Centre
• 6:15am at Laurel Lake--in Gude Park--American Legion and First Responders from 10 and 49 and Prince George’s County will raise the flag to kick off Zip Trip Laurel. Meteorologist Tucker Barnes will be here. Bring fire department apparatus.. make it festive. A trio of musicians from a group called Wicked Sycamore will be entertainment down there.
• 6:35 am Tucker does weather at Gude Park (no guest)
• 6:45 am Weather LIVE at Gude Par kin a paddle boat Lindsey Baylor from Parks and Rec will be in paddle boat with Tucker Barnes to talk about summer activities in Laurel
• 7:05 am News Anchors and Weather on Main Set at Towne Centre at Laurel
• 7:15 am Weather Maureen will interview Laurel History Boys after Weather here. Richard Friend, Kevin Leonard, and Pete Lewnes of Laurel History Boys will have Laurel memorabilia to talk about LIVE with Maureen. Promote trivia event June 9th at Olivers Tavern
• 7:35 am Tucker Weather (No guest)
• 7:45 am—Weather hit and then Tucker will be with Fidos for Freedom—Diane Bernier and Sandy Ball will talk about this valuable service housed in Laurel... bring puppies in training for anchors to go crazy over.
• 7:50: weather hit—Tucker and Steve will toss to the Top 5 must stops story
• 7:53 Steve interviews Band
• 8:05 LIVE all anchors say hello then weather—no guest... but they will pan crowd at Towne Centre—be ready folks.
• 8:12 am Fox 5 First Child Segment—6 year old Gabriela Meza and her mom Johanna Carillo will be interviewed by the Anchors... she’ll get a certificate.
• 8:15 weather
• 8:30 Town Official Segment—Mayor Craig Moe will chat with the Anchors Maureen and Steve here. They will ask him some Laurel trivia here. He will also talk about Donations for Ellicott City and give a hospital update
• 8:35 weather ( no guest)
• 8:45 LIVE weather and Junior Reporter Kerra Kingston will interview Tucker 11th grader at CMIT academy—she will interview Tuckers Barnes--- CMIT students need to be out in force here.. wear t-shirts.. cheer etc.
• 8:50 am Maureen does restaurant #1 is More than Java Café—have your table set up with goodies at the Towne Centre main set... the anchors will interview Tabitha Clark—talk about breakfast in Laurel
• 9:00 Wicked Sycamore will open the segment with music
• 9:15 Top 5 must stop story airs again
• 9:17 am Maureen will interview Carreen Koubek about 4th of July
• 9:18 Real Estate Segment Towne Centre Set at traffic circle… Carlos Lancaster of Exit Right Realty will talk about 3 houses available right now in Laurel with the anchors. Send me the links please
• 9:30 First Responders Friday Segment--- Volunteer Fire Company, Rescue Squad nees to come out in force here.. Bring Old Liz.. the Anchors will interview you all. Vic Whipple interview, Mark Brady interview
• 9:50 am Restaurant #2 Olive on Main—Owner Nadol Hishmeh is the guest LIVE guest at the Towne Centre location.. he will have a table set up with top dishes and talk with the Anchors about what makes his place a big draw.
• 10am dj opens quick weather
• 10:04 Hometown Hero Segment at Towne Centre location with Officer Bennett Johns of the Laurel Police Department.. to talk about his Good Samaritan award for buying diapers for shoplifting suspect
• 10:30: Laurel’s hometown team— St Mary’s Catholic youth Organization Cross Country Team will get hats and certificates from the Washington Nationals. Coaches interviews.
• 10:50 Restaurant #3 Mad Cow Grill—owner Ed Reynoso will have table set up at Towne Centre location and talk with the anchors about his specialties for dinner.
We are planning on having a lot of fun that morning, so come out early and let’s celebrate all things Laurel!