Mayor Craig A. Moe has declared the
entire month of October in the City of Laurel as Fire Prevention Month.
Fire Prevention Week 2009 focuses on ways to keep homes fire safe and
prevent painful burns.
Below, please find tips so you “Don’t Get Burned”:
1. Always keep hot foods and liquids away from table and counter edges so they are not pulled or knocked over.
2. Have a 3-foot “kid-free” zone around the stove.
3. Don’t hold a child in your arms while preparing hot food or dinking a hot beverage.
4. Teach children that hot things always hurt.
5. Use caution when using things that get hot such as curling irons, oven, irons, lamps, heaters.
6. When using heating pads, only use for 15-20 minutes at a time and
don’t lie, sit or place anything on the pad. Never sleep with a heating
pad in bed.