CHARTER RESOLUTION NO. 174
This is to give notice that the above resolution amending the City of Laurel Charter was adopted by the Mayor and City Council on the 27thday of September 2021. This amendment shall become effective on the 16thday of November 2021 unless on or before the 8thday of October 2021 a Petition for Referendum on this Charter Resolution is filed in writing with the Mayor or City Administrator by 5:00 p.m. meeting the requirements of Article 23A of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
ARTICLE 300. - GOVERNMENT
* * *
Sec. 312. - Meeting; Oath of Office.
- The City Council shall meet on the second regular meeting date succeeding their election and, after qualifying by taking the same oath required to be taken by the Mayor, which oath shall be administered by the Mayor, they shall proceed to organize by electing one (1) of their number President of the City Council.
- They shall meet at 6:00 p.m. and hold regular monthly meetings on the second and fourth Mondays for the transaction of general business.
- Monthly meetings will include holding at least one (1) of the two (2) regular monthly meetings of the Mayor and City Council, as well as the monthly Work Session of the Mayor and City Council, virtually, as may be determined by the City Council President.
- If any such Monday is an official City holiday, then a meeting may be rescheduled to a date approved by the City Council. Special meetings shall be called by the Clerk to the City Council at the direction of the Mayor or the President of the City Council and shall be called by the President of the City Council upon the request of a majority of the members of the City Council.
- Other City of Laurel Boards, Commissions, and Citizens Advisory Committees in the City of Laurel are authorized to hold virtual public meetings.
* * *
Kimberley A. Rau, MMC
Clerk to the Council