Mayor and City Council Meeting
Monday, May 22, 2023 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm
MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL OF LAUREL
MONDAY, MAY 22, 2023 (Revised as of May 19,2023)
Watch the meeting on Laurel TV streaming live in your web browser at https://laureltv.org/watch-live or locally Laurel TV can be found on Comcast Channel 996 (HD), 71 (SD) or Verizon FiOS Channel 12.
- Call to Order- Brencis D. Smith, Council President
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call- Sara A. Green, CMC, City Clerk
- Approval of Minutes:
- March 1, 2023 Work Session
- March 13, 2023 Special Work Session
- March 13, 2023 Regular Meeting
- March 27, 2023 Regular Meeting
- Report of the Mayor and City Council
- Mayor Appointment
- E. Michael Greene, Chairman, Board of Pension Trustees
- David Johnston, Board of Appeals
- Michelle Keating, Board of Appeals
- General Public Hearing
- Second Public Hearing with Possible Action on Charter Resolution No. 179- A Charter Resolution of the Mayor and City Council of Laurel, Maryland Amending Article 300 “Government” of the Charter of the City of Laurel to Amend Section 357 to Allow for Collective Bargaining for Certain Employees of the Department of Public Works.
- Second Public Hearing with Possible Action on Ordinance No. 2011- An Ordinance Adopting the General Operating Budget and Capital Improvement Program of the Mayor and City Council of Laurel, Maryland, for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024 and to Levy Property Taxes; and to Authorize the Collection of Such Taxes.
- Second Public Hearing with Possible Action on Ordinance No. 2010- An Ordinance of the Mayor and City Council of Laurel, Maryland to Amend Laurel City Code, Chapter 7 "Garbage, Waste, Weeds, Recycling, etc. to Include the Mandatory Diversion of Organics from the Waste Stream and Providing for an Effective Date.