Mayor and City Council Meeting
Monday, April 24, 2023 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm
IN-PERSON MEETING - COUNICL CHAMBERS
Watch the meeting on Laurel TV streaming live in your web browser at https://laureltv.org/watch-live or locally Laurel TV can be found on Comcast Channel 996 (HD), 71 (SD) or Verizon FiOS Channel 12.
- Call to Order- Brencis D. Smith, Council President
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call- Sara A. Green, CMC, City Clerk
- Report of the Mayor and City Council
- Mayoral Appointments:
- Former Mayor Robert J. DiPietro, Board of Trustees- Retirement Plans
- Ms. Jacki Ricks, Board of Election Supervisors
- Ms. Gwendolyn Boyd, Board of Election Supervisors
- Christina Cornwell, Director, Department of Community Resources and Emergency Management (CREM)
- General Public Hearing
- Second Public Hearing with Possible Action on Ordinance No. 2009 - An Ordinance of the Mayor and City Council of Laurel, Maryland Granting a Non-Exclusive Cable Television Franchise to Comcast of Maryland, LLC., to Construct, Operate and Maintain a Cable System within the City of Laurel, Maryland, Pursuant to the Provisions of Chapter 5 of the Laurel City Code, and to Approve a Cable Franchise Agreement.
- Briefing on Traffic Calming Devices by the Department of Public Works