Mayor and City Council Meeting
Monday, March 27, 2023 - 5:00pm to 7:00pm
MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL OF LAUREL
MONDAY, MARCH 27, 2023
5:00 PM (Please note special time)
Watch the meeting on Laurel TV streaming live in your web browser at https://laureltv.org/watch-live or locally Laurel TV can be found on Comcast Channel 996 (HD), 71 (SD) or Verizon FiOS Channel 12.
- Call to Order- Brencis D. Smith, Council President
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call- Sara A. Green, CMC, City Clerk
- Approval of the Minutes from:
- February 1, 2023 Work Session
- February 13, 2023 Twenty-sixth Meeting
- February 27, 2023 Twenty-seventh Meeting
- Report of the Mayor and City Council
- General Public Hearing
- Second Public Hearing with Possible Action on Resolution No. 5-2023- A Resolution of the Mayor and City Council of Laurel, Maryland to Set the Date, Time and Polling Location for Early Voting in the City of Laurel for the General Election of November 2023.
- Second Public Hearing with Possible Action on Ordinance No. 2007- An Ordinance of the Mayor and City Council of Laurel, Maryland to Amend the Laurel City Code, Chapter 18, to Update the Permit Requirements for Sediment and Erosion Control Plans and Providing an Effective Date.
- Second Public Hearing with Possible Action on Charter Resolution No. 177- A Charter Resolution of the Mayor and City Council of Laurel Amending Article 400 “Administration” of the Charter of the City of Laurel to Reflect the Creation of a New Department Entitled the Department of Community Resources and Emergency Management (CREM) and Adding Section 469 “Director Of The Department Of Community Resources and Emergency Management- (Emergency Manager).