EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY FIRST MEETING
TUESDAY – JULY 19, 2022– 6:00 P.M. - REGULAR
*This meeting will be conducted virtually through Zoom*
PLEASE NOTE: The public wishing to speak on any items are asked to register for the Zoom meeting information at https://www.cityoflaurel.org/clerk/meetings by 3:00 p.m. the day of the meeting
- Roll Call.
- Approval of the Minutes for the Regular HDC meeting held on June 21, 2022.
- HDC-2022-0160 for 927 Montgomery Street submitted by Carl McWilliams, Applicant is seeking retroactive approval to perform several exterior alterations to the property of which they have received a stop work order. The Applicant has replaced the roof and gutters of the property. The Applicant states that the roof was leaking and was not aware that HDC approval was needed. Roof replacement: Applicant has replaced the roof of the property. It has changed from a light gray colored three-tab style to dark gray colored (Georgetown Gray) architectural style shingles. Gutter replacement: The Applicant has replaced the gutters of the property. Applicant has installed Amerimax 6’’x 120’’ White K Style gutters.
- HDC-2022-0161 for 608 Montgomery Street, submitted by Monica Herrera, The Applicant is seeking approval to perform multiple exterior renovations. Applicant is proposing to install a new driveway and fence. Driveway installation: Applicant is proposing to install a new 18’ X 42’ (756 SF) concrete driveway in the front yard of the property. The proposed driveway will have a 4’’ slab with a 6x6 wire mesh installed on 4’’ gravel. Fence installation: Applicant is proposing to install a new six (6) feet tall fence in the left side and rear yard of the property. The proposed fence will be composed of 4x4 pressure-treated wood with a gate.
- HDC-2022-0163 for 317 Fourth Street submitted by Matt Oskvarek, the Applicant is seeking approval to replace the existing front porch flooring of the property. Applicant states that the current flooring is greatly deteriorated and unsafe. Front porch flooring replacement: Applicant is proposing to replace the existing front porch wood flooring. The existing flooring is 6’ x 12’ in green color and the Applicant is proposing to replace it with composite wood flooring of the same size in Brown Oak color.
- HDC-2022-0165 for 330 Prince George Street submitted by Eric Wagner, Applicant is seeking approval to perform several exterior renovations to the property. Applicant is proposing to install an egress window and replace the existing roof. Egress window installation, The Applicant is proposing to install an egress window in the front bedroom on the right side of the house. The proposed window measures 20’’ X 24’’. Roof replacement: Applicant is proposing to replace the existing steel roof of the property with fiberglass shingles. The color of the proposed shingle replacement will be black material, changing from the existing red metal shingles. The Applicant will also be replacing the gutters and downspouts.
- HDC- 2022-0158 for 329 ½ Main Street submitted by Jermaine Grant, The Applicant is seeking retroactive approval to install a window sign at the property located at 329 ½ Main Street. Window sign installation: Applicant has installed a 21’’ x 47.5’’ window decal sign on the front façade of the WHG Discount Outlet storefront. The decal sign has the text “WHG Outlet Discount Brand Names for Less” along with several of the items offered in the store in orange, green, black, and primarily white color.
- HDC- 2022-0145 for 525-695 Main Street submitted by Cameron Manesh, Applicant is seeking approval to install two new signs along the Main Street Patuxent Place properties. Sign installations: Applicant is proposing to install two (2) freestanding signs. One sign will be placed on Main Street near the existing Red Hot & Blue restaurant. The second sign will be placed at the entrance of 535 Main Street. The design of the proposed signs is the exact same design as the one previously approved by the HDC. Both signs will measure 48’’ x 26’’ with the text “PATUXENT PLACE APARTMENTS” against a beige, purple, and gray background. Exterior spotlight installation: Applicant is proposing to add exterior spotlights that shine on the existing building numbers for the properties located at 525-695 Main Street.
HDC-2022-0151 for 504 Main Street, submitted by Nadol Hishmeh, the applicant is seeking approval to paint exterior building facing main street to match existing color provided by Sherwin William flake sample. Repair soffit and shutters on 504 facing Main Street and exact replacement of any wood details. Replace store front glass with double insulated commercial store front casing with hunter green color match provided by Sherwin Williams. Glass will be shatter proof the existing glass is not. Front door replacement proposal is provided as well as new closures. Remove and replace old mailbox and add numbers. Remove damaged and falling stucco and side of building facing Fifth Street. All work considered “in-kind”.
HDC-2022-0170 for 419 Prince George Street submitted by Cherilyn Hostetler, the applicant is seeking approval to refinish front porch railing same black as existing before weathered. Also request approval to repaint front door from dingy red to Slate Blue which is close to HDC approved color Covington blue.
HDC-2022-0171 for 609 Prince George Street, submitted by Greg & Peggy Sweitzer, the applicant is seeking approval to replace four (4) 4 x 4 posts on picket fence. The posts have rotted at ground level. They will be painted white. All work in kind.