*This meeting will be conducted virtually through Zoom due to COVID-19*
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to be heard at this meeting, please sign the speaker list provided on the City of Laurel Website or contact staff.
The public wishing to attend this meeting is to register for the Zoom information at https://www.cityoflaurel.org/clerk/meetings by 3:00 p.m. the day of the meeting.
- Roll Call.
- Approval of the Minutes for the Regular HDC meeting held on July 20, 2021.
- HDC-033-2022 for 911 Montgomery Street submitted by Charles Pompei, the applicant is seeking retroactive approval to remove driveway, grade surface, and add a replacement concrete driveway with a parking pad to the property. The installed driveway and parking pad is approximately 1,500 square feet and is comprised of concrete materials with brick pavers. The installed driveway replaced an approximately 975 sq ft concrete strip driveway that ran from the front yard of the property to the back yard, ending at an existing 248 sq ft garage. It is in the exact position of the former driveway, with the exception of the parking pad, which is an entirely new addition to the driveway. A stop work order was issued.
- HDC-015-2022 for 505A Montgomery Street submitted by Courtney Hewitt The applicant has removed and replaced the existing windows on the house. The Applicant has installed ten (10) new windows. The new windows are 65” x 27”. The new windows are double pane with aluminum trim. A stop work order was issued.
- HDC-017-2022 for 505 Prince George Street submitted by Marvin Hernandez, applicant is seeking approval to perform several exterior alterations to the property. Applicant is proposing to replace existing green metal roof with GAF timberline roof with charcoal, gray-colored shingles. This roof replacement will replace the rooves on the house and the front porch. Applicant is proposing to replace existing black mental fence with a wooden picket-style fence in white color. Applicant is proposing to replace the existing cedar shakes (uncolored and unpainted) with forest green-colored Dutch lap siding. Applicant is seeking retroactive approval for replacing gutters in kind (in white color). A stop work order was issued in August 2021.
- HDC-016-2022 for 418 Prince George Street submitted by Paris Thalheimer, applicant is proposing to replace two (2) side windows on the first floor of the house on its north side. The applicant states that the existing wood frames for the windows are rotted and propose to place white vinyl coverings over the existing wood frames. The windows being replaced are both 45’’ X 31’’. The window replacements are to be the same size as the existing windows and are modern-style and double-paned.
- HDC-020-2022 for 335 Montgomery Street submitted by Norella Rodgers the applicant is seeking retroactive approval to extend chain link fence along driveway side of house to the corner of the house. This will make all ground level windows secure behind a 5 ft. fence. Fence will match existing backyard fence. This was approved in 2019, however, the work was not started, and approval had expired. A stop work order was issued in September 2021.
- HDC-024-2022 for 616 Prince George Street submitted by Karim Whalen, the applicant is retroactive approval to make exterior renovations which include the removal and replacement of the gutters. The applicant installing a new 6-inch aluminum seamless high gloss white gutters. The previous gutters were gray. A stop work order was issued in September 2021.
- A tax credit request for 710 Montgomery Street, submitted by C. Philip Nichols, for approved HDC Certificate of Approvals: HDC-076-2021, HDC-089-2021 & HDC-006-2022 for replacing awnings, shutters and side steps. The total cost was $10,141.02 and the requested amount is $1,014.11.
HDC-095-2021 for 390 Main Street submitted by Bryce Teel, on behalf of the owners, requesting one for one replacement of existing metal staircase with "in-kind” material and style. Current staircase has lots of rust damage. New material will be black and match current style, primed black tube steel, will be fabricated by a welding contractor.
HDC-096-2021 for 330 Prince George Street submitted by Alex Grancea, the applicant requesting to replace windows with same color, style and size of current windows. Also requesting to repaint metal roof with same blue gray color as existing and repaint front porch with white and blue, same as existing.
HDC-001-2022 for 323 Laurel Avenue submitted by Ericka Nakajima, requesting to remove silver maple tree in backyard that is rotted. Photos and a letter from landscaping company were received. The applicant agreed to replant a new tree on property in the fall.
HDC-002-2022 for 35 A Street submitted by Cathy Huffer, requesting to remove white ash tree in backyard that is dead. Photos and a letter from landscaping company were received. It was recommended the applicant replant a new tree on property.
HDC-004-2022 for 427 Prince George Street submitted by Cherilyn Hostetler, on behalf of First United Methodist Church, requesting to fix damaged and rotted wood on exterior of home then repaint to match with in-kind color, a custom teal blue color (McCormick Paints State House Exterior Acrylic House Paint Semi-Gloss). Applicant had received a stop work order.
HDC-005-2022 for 403 Prince George Street submitted by Luis Sibaja, requesting to replace windows on house with same size and style of current windows, with the 6 over 1 grids.
HDC-007-2022 for 325 Laurel Avenue submitted by Cynthia Moss, requesting to replace current backyard fence with in-kind color and material, 6’ wooden fence.
HDC-008-2022 for 412 Montgomery Street submitted by Elizabeth Welsh, requesting to replace grey porch shingles in kind in charcoal color shingles.
HDC-010-2022 for 338 Laurel Avenue by Gary Miller, requesting to repaint current off yellow house with in-kind Sherman Williams color Downing Straw #SW2813, which was also approved several years ago from the HDC.
HDC-018-2022 for 411 Prince George Street by Margaret Chenault, request to repaint current white house trim and porch with in-kind white. A stop work order was issued.
HDC-019-2022 for 413 Montgomery Street by Gabriella King, requesting to replace porch columns with in-kind wood material to be white as current color and same style.
HDC-013-2022 for 427 Prince George Street submitted by Cherilyn Hostetler, on behalf of First United Methodist Church, requesting to remove large red oak tree front yard, which is rotten in the middle, some large branches fell and hit the house/power lines. A landscaping letter and photos were received. It has been suggested for the power to replant a new tree on the property.
HDC-014-2022 for 419 Prince George Street by Cherilyn Hostetler, on behalf of First United Methodist Church, requesting to replace 10 x 39.5 driveway using same footprint and concrete material as existing. Current driveway is cracked and in poor condition. This was approved in 2019, however, has since expired and the work was not started.