*This meeting will be conducted virtually through Zoom due to COVID-19*
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to be heard at this meeting please sign the speaker list provided on the City of Laurel Website or contact staff.
The public is asked to submit written testimony on agenda items to the Historic District Coordinator at b[email protected] by 2:00 p.m. on meeting days and to register for the Zoom meeting information
- Roll Call.
- Approval of the Minutes for the Regular HDC meeting held on June 22, 2021.
- HDC-097-2021 for 309 Laurel Avenue submitted by Unique and Modern Homes LLC., c/o Wilson Crepo, the applicant is seeking retroactive approval to make façade changes and exterior renovations to the existing house to include: replace front door, windows, shutters, siding and painting of porch. The applicant also seeking HDC approval to install a driveway. The applicant originally received a stop work order, then the application was denied on June 22, 2021, Historic District Commission meeting.
- HDC-089-2021 for 380 Main Street submitted by Ken Padgett, requesting approval to replace the (2) existing BB&T signage and install new Truist Bank signage. (1) wall sign and (1) ATM sign.
- HDC-090-2021 for 710 Montgomery Street submitted by C. Philip Nichols Jr., The existing shutters are Medium Gray color and will be repainted in a basic Black color.
- HDC-093-2021 for 509 Main Street Unit C submitted by Tonya Gordon, the applicant is proposing a 27.75’’ X 19’’ A7 window decal sign comprised of vinyl material. The sign will include the business name, contact number, and hours of operation in white text over a transparent background.”
- HDC-094-2021 for 19 C Street submitted by Kathleen Fritz, applicant is seeking approval to install a vinyl material window sign “Bead Soup” with logo (White lettering with blue outline – 18” x 66” or 8.25 square feet, Logo – 30.4” x 33.3” or 7.03 square feet).
HDC-091-2021 for 520 Montgomery Street submitted by Ryan Morris, the applicant requested to replace existing vinyl siding with CertainTeed Monogram Horizontal vinyl siding (2 square) double 5-inch Dutch lap colonial white (entire exterior) all work will be “in-kind” same color style. The existing gutters and trim will be power washed.
HDC-092-2021 for 817 Main Street submitted by Devlin McDonald/DMC Masonry Restoration Corp, the applicant requesting masonry repairs, re-pointing, plaster repair, repair dry stack stone wall, gentle cleaning if needed. All work is considered in-kind. There will be no change in color, style or material.
HDC-095-2021 for 390 Main Street submitted by Bryce Teel, on behalf of the owners, requesting one for one replacement of existing metal staircase with "in-kind” material and style. Current staircase has lots of rust damage. New material will be black and match current style, primed black tube steel, will be fabricated by a welding contractor.
HDC-096-2021 for 330 Prince George Street submitted by Alexandru Grancea, requesting to replace windows with same style, size and material as existing (white no grids 28 x 45, repair, repaint roof with “in-kind” color blue and repaint porch in white and railings, trim & shutters in blue similar to pre-approved color list page blue or franklin blue, applicant picked SW 6967 Frank Blue for shutters and porch railings and SW9065 Bluebird Feather for the roof.