EIGHT HUNDRED AND FOURTITH MEETING
TUESDAY – JUNE 22, 2021 – 6:00 P.M. - REGULAR
*This meeting will be conducted virtually through Zoom due to COVID-19*
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to be heard at this meeting please sign the speaker list provided on the City of Laurel Website or contact staff.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 969 2282 8001
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,96922828001# US (Washington DC)
+19292056099,,96922828001# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 969 2282 8001
Find your local number: https://cityoflaurel-org.zoom.us/u/aGKKnmCbb
- Roll Call.
- Approval of the Minutes for the Regular HDC meeting held on May 18, 2021.
- HDC-083-2021 for 23 Post Office Avenue submitted by Richard Wang, requesting approval to replace the existing front door. Additionally, the applicant is proposing to replace the existing dirt/gravel driveway with an asphalt driveway.
- HDC-075-2021 for 309 Laurel Avenue submitted by Unique and Modern Homes LLC., c/o Wilson Crepo, requesting retroactive approval for exterior renovations including replacement of windows with no grids, close-in three (3) windows, replacement of shutters from blue/gray to burgundy, replacement of siding from white aluminum to light grey vinyl and new front door with grid windows to be painted burgundy. The Applicant received a stop work order.
- the applicant is seeking (HDC) approval to replace windows from 2 over 2 to no grids, front door and siding on house from light gray aluminum to light gray vinyl. Applicant also closed in 3 windows on the house.
- HDC-081-2021 for 401 Fourth Street submitted by Richard Stevick, was previously approved, however, the brand has temporarily stopped production on the Landmark Pro Max Def Hunter Green, which was approved on 4/20/2021 by HDC, now requesting to change the color to Certainteed Landmark Pro Max Def Colonial Slate.
- HDC-085-2021 for 425 Prince George Street submitted by CJ Howard on behalf of the owners, requesting approval to install a front entry covering for the existing concrete stoop. Furthermore, the applicant is requesting approval to replace the existing concrete walkway.
- HDC-084-2021 for 417 & 417 1/2 Laurel Avenue submitted by Alicia Fields, requesting approval to remove and replace existing roofs. Applicant proposes to replace the roof over the porch and second (2nd) floor. The current roof over the porch is a burgundy metallic roof and the applicant will be replacing it with a burgundy metallic roof. The current roof over the second floor is a dark tan three (3)-tab style roof, and the applicant proposes to replace it with a grey architectural style roof.
- A tax credit request for 333 Prince George Street, submitted by Oscar De La Puente, for approved HDC Certificate of Approval 043-2021 to place seven (7) windows. The cost was $4,973.00 and the requested amount is $497.30.
HDC-076-2021 for 710 Montgomery Street submitted by C. Philip Nichols Jr, the applicant requested to replace five (5) green cloth awnings on house. Current awnings are in poor shape. The color and style will be the same.
HDC-077-2021 for 52 B Street submitted by Joel Molina, the applicant requested to replace leaking roof from light grey 3 tab to green architectural style. Current roof is leaking and ceilings in house are starting to bubble. Applicant requested emergency approval.
HDC-079-2021 for 322 Laurel Avenue submitted by Lam Vu the applicant requested to remove dying/diseased oak tree and replace with a red Japanese maple. A letter was received from Green Horizon Service LLC.
HDC-080-2021 for 309 Laurel Avenue submitted by Wilson Crepo, request to sand metal roof and repaint in similar color medium gray and house trim will be repainted in white. All work determined to be in-kind.
HDC-082-2021 for 1102 Montgomery Street submitted by Richard Peterson, the applicant requested to replace leaky roof with in-kind material and color, brown (resawn shake) and architectural style.
HDC-086-2021 for 613 Prince George Street submitted by Janine Shaffer, the applicant requested to replace front porch wood boards, steps and railings then paint. Also requested to repaint exterior of enclosed porch on front of house. All colors will be the same as existing: white, green and pink. Colors have been the same for 20+ years.
HDC-087-2021 for 416 Main Street submitted by Terence w/ Economy Restoration on behalf of the owner Jim Booze, the applicant requested to replace roof material with in-kind shingles, GAF Timberline HD2 Architectural in Pewter Grey. Also requesting to replace with in-kind Flat Roll Roof on 2nd story of building with GAF TPO roll roofing in white.