EIGHT HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHTH MEETING
TUESDAY – APRIL 20, 2021 – 6:00 P.M. - REGULAR
*This meeting will be conducted virtually through Zoom due to COVID-19*
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to be heard at this meeting please sign the speaker list provided on the City of Laurel Website or contact staff.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 918 1090 8121
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,91810908121# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Find your local number: https://cityoflaurel-org.zoom.us/u/aea75tkDb
- Roll Call.
- Approval of the Minutes for the Regular HDC meeting held on March 16, 2021.
- HDC-050-2021 for 113 St. Mary’s Place, submitted by St. Vincent Pallotti High School c/o Jeffrey Palumbo, the applicant is seeking approval to demolish two (2) existing houses, a home located at 220 9th St. and a duplex located at 222-224 9th St. The homes are currently vacant. The homes will be demolished as part of the project that includes the construction of a 36,000 sq. ft. multi-use athletic building addition and a 28,000 sq. ft. outdoor turf field located at Saint Vincent Pallotti High School. The application was tabled at the March 16, 2021 Historic District Commission meeting.
- HDC-057-2021 for 342 Laurel Avenue, submitted by Mandy Kaur on behalf of the owner, the applicant is requesting approval to paint the gutters, window trim, and front porch column. The Applicant has painted the window trim, front porch columns, and gutters a dark blue color. Applicant is willing to change the dark blue color to its original color white. The applicant is also seeking retroactive approval to demolish the existing garage and remove existing fence. The existing garage was approximately 16.3’ X 27.4’ or 444.1 square feet. The existing fence was 6’ in height and 24’ long. This item was denied on January 19, 2021.
- HDC-055-2021 for 701 Main Street, submitted by Chester Higdon, the applicant requests approval to install a white wooden picket fence located in the front of the property. The fence will be located on an empty lot located on the corner of 701 Main Street. The fence height will be 3 ½ feet. This item was tabled on January 19, 2021, however application has since expired so a new application was submitted.
- HDC-051-2021 for 308 Main Street, submitted by Aladdin Market, the applicant is proposing the installation of a continuous flatwall decal sign onto the windows of the Aladdin Market storefront. The decal is a part of a single design that will be applied to the four (4) window sections across the storefront.
- HDC-053-2021 for 401 Fourth Street, submitted by Richard Stevick, the applicant is seeking approval to make exterior renovations which include the removal and replacement of the roof, gutters, and downspouts over the kitchen, living room addition, and detached garage. Also, the Applicant is requesting to remove the chimney that is peaking from the top of house. The property has two chimney’s and the applicant is requesting to remove one. The Applicant is removing the chimney because it is no longer needed to vent the heat out of the home.
- HDC-052-2021 for 331 Main Street, submitted by El Buen Gusto Bakery, the applicant is requesting approval to install three (3) flatwall signs on the storefront of the El Buen Gusto Bakery. The applicant is proposing two (2) flatwall decal signs on two (2) windows (one on each) and one (1) flatwall sign on the front door of the business. The flatwall decals will be applied behind the window glass.
- HDC-047-2021 for 36 Fourth Street, submitted by Gary Horton, the applicant is requesting to construct an addition to the existing detach garage in the rear of property. The proposed addition will include expansion of the existing detached garage, and a new roof connecting to the existing roof. The new addition will measure 11 feet x 22 feet or 242 square feet. The façade material for the new detached garage addition will match that of the existing gray siding and blue architectural shingle roof of the existing garage. The new garage door will match the existing 9 feet x 8 feet white metal garage door on the existing detach garage. The height on the addition is 14 feet. The Applicant will remove the existing detached garage window (see attachment) and install the 24 inches x 36 inches window on the right side of the addition.
HDC-056-2021 for 507 Prince George Street submitted by Gayle Snyder, the applicant requested to remove two (2) trees, one (1) birch, one (1) amelanchier (serviceberry) in front yard that are diseased, confirmed by Southern Lawn Landscape company. The applicant agrees to re-plant (1) new tree.
HDC-058-2021 for 513 Prince George Street submitted by William Wellford, the applicant requested to repaint eaves in same existing white color and shutters in same existing green color.