*This meeting will be conducted virtually through Zoom due to COVID-19*
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to be heard at this meeting please sign the speaker list provided on the City of Laurel Website or contact staff.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 990 3411 4815
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,99034114815# US (Germantown)
+19292056099,,99034114815# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 990 3411 4815
Find your local number: https://cityoflaurel-org.zoom.us/u/aeHMfZ3bvn
- Roll Call.
- Approval of the Minutes for the Regular HDC meeting held on September 15, 2020.
3. REVISIT HDC-008-2021 for 522 Main Street, submitted by James Martin, on behalf of property owner, request to install the following six (6) wooden directional signs. Signs will be mounted on cedar posts painted white: Wyatt Hall, Sanctuary, McKee Room, Little Chapel, Admin Wing, Accessible Parking. THIS ITEM WAS APPROVED LAST MONTH WITH THE CONDITION THE APPLICANT USE ALL THE SAME FONT FOR WORDING: ST. PHILLIP’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH, HOWEVER, THE APPLICANT WOULD LIKE TO REVISIT THE ORIGINAL REQUEST TO USE TWO (2) DIFFERENT FONTS, THAT WOULD MATCH THEIR LOGO..
4. HDC-021-2021 for 324 Laurel Avenue, submitted by Robert Ashcraft, requesting to approval to replace existing chain link fence with a six (6) foot vinyl privacy fence. The fence will be white-colored, with black-colored fixtures. The fence will be in the same location as the existing chain link fence, which encloses the whole perimeter of the rear yard of the property.
5. HDC-023-2021 for 605 Prince George Street, submitted by Devore Irick, requesting retroactive approval of the construction of a 10’ 1 ½” x 12’ 5/16” or 121 square foot accessory structure. It will have a height of 9’-6 13/16”. The carport is in the rear of the property. The carport will be used as a gazebo. The structure has a black steel roof with (4) wood posts.
6. HDC-025-2021 for 712 Main Street, submitted by Scarlett Wirt, requesting approval to install a fence that will be a two-rail wood fence in brown color. The fence is proposed to run along Miller’s Alley (left-hand side) from the parking pad to its garage (63 linear feet), as well as along Heath Alley (rear of the property) from the garage to the existing fence (33 linear feet). The portion of the fence that will run along Heath Alley will not be visible from Main Street. The fence is proposed to be four (4) feet tall.
7. HDC-026-2021 for 323 Laurel Avenue, submitted by Erica Nakajima, requesting to approval to replace the existing wooden fence around the front, side and rear of property. The existing fence includes two (2) gates located in the front and rear of property, the height of the fence is 6 feet. Applicant will replace fence and gates with a pre-stained dog-eared pressure treated pine.
8. HDC-022-2021 for 429 Main Street, submitted by Brittany Klemmer, requesting approval to perform a number of roof improvements to include: New GAF Timberline HDZ architectural shingles (current shingles are 3-tab light brown) Synthetic underlayment in Barkwood color, Cedar impression siding on dormers, Mountain Cedar color, Ice and water shield, Drip edge and new flashings.
9. A tax credit request for 316 Montgomery Street, submitted by Andrew Ellis for approved HDC Certificate of Approval 037-2020 for replacing roof shingles. The cost was $8,400.00 and the requested amount is $840.00.
HDC 028-2021 for 332A Montgomery Street, submitted by Marlene Frazier, request to re-place front door on cottage next to house with identical style (white with ½ round top view) trim will be painted in same beige color. Leak has warped the door and frame and tenant cannot securely shut and lock.
HDC 027-2021 for 401 Fourth Street, submitted by Richard Stevick, request to replace gable gingerbread with same pattern using PVC, paint house front trim with same color scheme (light green, dark green & red) replace five second floor window vinyl shutters with in kind style and (green) color, repaint metal roof with same silver color and repaint porch floor with in kind dark green.
HDC 020-2021 for 410 Prince George Street, submitted by Sheila McJilton, request to replace garage roof with in-kind color (moire black) and style, will also match house roof shingles that have been replaced a few years ago.
HDC 016-2021 for 916 Montgomery Street, submitted by Rose Ogbonna, on behalf of property owner Fannie Mae, request to replace vinyl siding with in-kind blue color (Everest).