*This meeting will be conducted virtually through Zoom due to COVID-19*
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to be heard at this meeting please sign the speaker list provided on the City of Laurel Website or contact staff.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 965 2981 6103
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,96529816103# US (Germantown)
+19292056099,,96529816103# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 965 2981 6103
Find your local number: https://cityoflaurel-org.zoom.us/u/abVtK1bRRJ
- Roll Call.
- Approval of the Minutes for the Regular HDC meeting held on July 21, 2020.
3. HDC-007-2021 for 407 Montgomery Street, submitted by Leah Ellinger on behalf of owner Gabrielle Whitfield, requesting to replace front door from maroon color with 4 over 4 windows to black concord with nickel caming with smooth star finish, will also be replacing the storm door from white to black and replace door trim in white.
4. HDC-008-2021 for 522 Main Street, submitted by James Martin, on behalf of St. Philips Episcopal Church, requesting to install (6) new directional wooden signs, size 18’’ x 24’’ with cream background and dark grey lettering. All signs will be mounted off the ground with white painted cedar posts.
5. HDC-013-2021 for 1110 Montgomery Street, submitted by Lisa & David Everett, requesting to install a 8 x 11 well pump shelter over existing concrete slab on side/rear of property. Structure will be built with untreated wood and roof shingles to match house in dark grey. There will also be white clapboard siding around the bottom of structure.
6. HDC-002-2021 for 1007 Montgomery Street, submitted by Verlin Alexander, requesting retro-active approval for paint of house with new color Perfect Sky (blue). Original color was a tan/beige color. Also repainted window trim and front porch with in-kind color white.
7. HDC-014-2021 for 929 Montgomery Street, submitted by Oscar Corado, requesting to replace 4’’ wide white gutters with 6’’ wide gutters and replace grey 3-tab shingles to dark grey architectural roof shingles. Applicant previously received staff approval for an in-kind replacement but has decided to request these new changes.
8. HDC-017-2021 for 300 Main Street, submitted by Marcus Ponder, requesting to install new awning with signage. Awning will be all black with white and red logo. The awning will also have a tag-line directly under the logo. The logo's words are "Sankofa Health" and the tag-line is "Express Medical Care." The location has 3 awnings on the building that will be replaced and they all will have the same design.
9. HDC-019-2021 for 355 Main Street, submitted by Tomela Wright, requesting to paint storefront bottom siding from dark green to black eggshell by Behr and install new flatwall sign for beauty salon, Noir Elan Beauty Boutique.
10. HDC-018-2021 for 322 Main Street, submitted by J. Robb Cecil, requesting to recover awning signage in white lettering on black awning as follows: “322 Main” (in middle) “The Driscoll Law Group, Worker’s Compensation, Disability Law” (for Suite 101) and “Down’s Law Firm, P.C., Estate Planning and Administration” for Suite 103.
11. A tax credit request for 418 Laurel Avenue, submitted by Jeffrey Royle for approved HDC Certificate of Approval 082-2020 for siding repair and paint. The cost was $7,500.00 and the requested amount is $750.00.
HDC 087-2020 for 317 Fourth Street submitted by Matt Oskvarek, request to replace walkway in front yard. Material will change from concrete to stone, was amended with staff approval to install with grass in between the stone instead of concrete.
HDC 005-2021 for 418 Prince George Street submitted by Paris Thalheimer, request to repaint metal roof “in-kind color red.
HDC 006-2021 for 513 Prince George Street, submitted by William Wellford, request to replace garage roof shingles with in-kind color green and architectural style.
HDC 009-2021 for 929 Montgomery Street, submitted by Oscar Corado, request to replace roof shingles with in-kind color gray and 3-tab style. Gutters will also be replaced in white. Roof is starting to leak and gutters are starting to rust. Applicant later changed his mind and wants architectural shingles, to be reviewed and approved by the HDC under 014-2021.
HDC 010-2021 for 929 Montgomery Street, submitted by Oscar Corado, request to re-paint the exterior of house with in-kind color, Behr Ultra Pure White.
HDC 011-2021 for 342 Laurel Avenue, submitted by Jeffery Pohren, request to repaint house exterior with in-kind color, high style beige.
HDC 012-2021 for 708 Montgomery Street, submitted by Theodore Guerrant, request to remove (1) dying maple tree and (1) dying oak tree. Staff recommends to plant (2) new trees on the property.
HDC 015-2021 for 502 Prince George Street, submitted by Donna Heslop, request to repaint vinyl siding (Sherwin Williams Shiitake) and shutters (Franklin Blue) with in-kind color.
HDC-004-2021 for 709 Main Street, submitted by Darlene Stark, requesting to remove (1) maple tree on right side of house and remove (1) locust on left side of house. Applicant claims both are a hazard and plans to replant (2) new redbud trees on property. Letter from Adirondack Tree Experts state Maple tree is 90% dead and the Locust fell during a storm on 8/24/2020.