EIGHT HUNDRED AND EIGHTEENTH MEETING
CITY OF LAUREL HISTORIC DISTRICT COMMISSION
TUESDAY – FEBRUARY 19, 2019 – REGULAR
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to be heard at this meeting, and you are not an applicant, please sign the speaker list provided on the table at the side of the room.
- Roll Call.
- Approval of the Minutes for the Regular HDC meeting held on November 27, 2018.
- Approval of the Minutes for the Regular HDC meeting held on January 22, 2019.
- HDC 050-2019 for 217 Main Street, submitted by Chigozie “Bruno” Nwogu, on behalf of the owner, Joy Davis, for approval to replace lighted signage (7’ x 2’) on building front, message reads: Total Wireless” in blue and red with white lettering. Sign has already been installed. The sign is the company’s standard logo.
- HDC 051-2019 for 344 Main Street, submitted by William Grubbs, request to install (2) frosted window signs, 25’’ x 28 ¾ with business logo message will read: “RISE UP NUTRUITON” in red, yellow and orange color for a new smoothie shop.
- HDC 060-2019 for 356 Main Street, submitted by Charles Begin, request to install new store front sign (2’ x 6’) for a new candy store, message will read: “Gladley’s Candy Kitchen” with a brown background and gold lettering.
- A tax credit request for 333 Montgomery Street submitted by Katherine Peterson for approved HDC Certificate of Approval 015-2018 for replacing siding, wood and gutters. The cost was $21,480.00 and the requested amount is $2,148.00.
- A tax credit request for 320 Montgomery Street submitted by James & Suma Penrose for approved HDC Certificate of Approval 078-2019 for replacing roof. The cost was $18,802.00 and the requested amount is $1,880.20.
- A tax credit request for 312 Prince George Street submitted by Robert Schmidt for approved HDC Certificate of Approval 045-2018 for replacing siding, wood and gutters. The cost was $13,097.00 and the requested amount is $1,309.70.
HDC 053-2019 for 1110 Montgomery Street, submitted by David Everett, request to remove large dead ash tree near front of property. Remove two (2) dead spruce trees near property line with 1102 property. Contractor will also prune some other trees and remove small nuisance trees that are not seen from the street. Will plant red bud tree near location of ash and white oak tree near location of the spruce.
HDC 054-2019 for 1102 Montgomery Street, submitted by David Everett (for homeowner Christ Reformed Presbyterian Church), request to remove dead spruce tree near property line with 1110 Montgomery Street. The work will occur as part of the contract to remove a similar dead dree on 1110 Montgomery Street. Contract is with David Everett of 1110 Montgomery Street.
HDC 055-2019 for 417 Main Street, submitted by Keyhani Hamideh request to replace front walkway concrete that is damaged with same style concrete, removal of three (3) trees on side of property that is damaging the brick sidewalk/building foundation, will be replacing trees with three (3) crape myrtles and repair leaking metal roof with in-kind color and material..
HDC 057-2019 for 327 Montgomery Street, submitted by Elden Carrahan request to replace roof in kind. The work has already been completed.
HDC 058-2019 for 333 Montgomery Street, submitted by Katherine Peterson request to replace gutters in kind. The work has already been completed, as they were found to be damaged while siding was being replaced.
- New Business