EIGHT HUNDRED AND ELEVENTH MEETING
CITY OF LAUREL HISTORIC DISTRICT COMMISSION
TUESDAY – MAY 22, 2018 – REGULAR
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to be heard at this meeting, and you are not an applicant, please sign the speaker list provided on the table at the side of the room.
1. Roll Call.
2. Approval of the Minutes for the Regular HDC meeting held on April 17, 2018.
3. HDC 072-2018 for 339 Main Street, submitted by Shaunda Evans UPDATE: requesting to update awning with white lettering to read "Anointed Touch Salon & Spa". Last approval (in April 2018) was for awning to read “Hair Salon 339”.
4. HDC 071-2018 for 325 Laurel Avenue, submitted by Cynthia Haynes requesting to replace front doors with new color and style, install new white storm doors, install new grey shutters, stain porch & steps w/ American Oak color, add porch swing in grey, add hedges (1 ½ ft in height) to front lawn, add landscaping to side of walkway, repair cracked sidewalk, install new white address post, re-stain fence with American Oak color.
5 HDC 073-2018 for 335 Main Street, submitted by Sean LeVere requesting to install four (4) vinyl material window signs and repaint awning with new logo which will read: “Total Copy & Marketing” in white and green lettering.
6. HDC 074-2018 for 636 Main Street, submitted by Teon Nicholson requesting to install two (2) new signs for Barber Shop. One (1) window sign will read “The Precision Barber Lounge Est. 2018” with telephone number in white lettering on clear glass. One (1) door sign will display the company name, hours of operation and telephone number in green lettering on clear glass.
7. HDC 075-2018 for 414 Montgomery Street, submitted by Travis Scagliarini requesting to install a four (4) foot wood picket fence along rear of property w/ square top and black plastic caps. Fence will have (3) gates.
8. HDC 076-2018 for 906 Montgomery Street, submitted by Robert & Angela Crowell requesting to replace current grey vinyl siding on structure with autumn yellow vinyl siding and paint current maroon color trim with colonial white.
HDC 070-2018 for 407 Main Street, submitted by Peta-Gaye Morrison, requesting to replace shingles on roof damaged in windstorm with “in kind” material and color (grey). Also, repaint shutters with in kind color that have faded from the sun (green).
9. New Business
- Preservation Conference June 15-16
- Special recognition for the Laurel Manor House Bed and Breakfast
- Gude Mansion restoration effort